This document explains our policies and practices regarding your information, and how we will treat it. Please read it carefully.
D3 Studios, Inc., a California corporation doing business as Starboard Suite (“Starboard”, “we” and “us”) operates and owns or licenses this website and its content (collectively, the “Site”). This policy describes (a) the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use the Site, as well as (b) our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
While we try to be good stewards of your data and information, and take commercially reasonable measures to protect it, we cannot guarantee that the Site is secure from intrusion or inadvertent disclosure.
We utilize third parties and their platforms or services to power and support the Site, including the following (collectively, “Third-Party Services”):
- For hosting, Amazon Web Services and Rackspace.
- For analytics, to monitor how the Site is being used and to identify potential issues, Mixpanel, Intercom and Google Analytics.
- For allowing you to chat with us, request additional information, request a demo and schedule an appointment, Intercom, Google Calendar and Appointlet.
- To track the effectiveness of our online advertising, Google Adwords, Capterra and Adroll.
- To send email, MailChimp.
The Third-Party Services and your provision of information to and storage of your data with such services are subject to their applicable terms and policies.
Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users (including, where applicable, you), which may include information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as first and last name, name of business, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access to the Site and usage details.
The information we collect on or through or in association with the Site may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms through the Site, including information provided at the time of creating an account, posting material, requesting services, or when you report a problem the Site;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys we might ask you to complete; and
- details of transactions you carry out through the Site, and of the fulfillment of your orders.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the site (which may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies);
- from third parties, for example, our clients; and
- information you provide to us.
Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with the Site, it may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your interactions with the Site and other communication data and the resources that you access and use; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information the Site collects automatically helps us to improve the Site, including by enabling us to:
- estimate usage volume and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Site;
- speed up searches; and
- recognize you when you return to the Site.
The technologies the Site uses for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see the section below entitled Choices About How We Use and Discloses Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages and aspects of the Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Site, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present the Site and its content to users;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices;
- to carry out obligations and enforce rights under agreements with you and/or Clients;
- to notify you about changes to the Site;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features;
- in any other way the Site may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see the section below entitled Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about users, and other information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may also disclose personal information about you:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Starboard’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Starboard about the Site users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees, customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over the information that you provide us:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Mobile numbers will not be shared or sold to third parties for the purpose of marketing.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Except to the extent required by law, we will, upon your request, delete any personal information about you stored in our Site.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and no one under age 13 may provide any information to or through the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through the Site, including any information about yourself (such as name, address, email or telephone number). If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of the Site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you in your email address in response.
October 27, 2023