STARBOARD SUITE SERVICE
This document explains our policies and practices regarding your information, and how we will treat it. Please read it carefully. By using the Service, you accept and agree with the terms of the Policy.
This policy describes (a) the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use the Service, as well as (b) Starboard’s practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
If you access the Service through any password-protected channel, including any such access we may provide or make available, you acknowledge and understand that you are solely responsible for maintaining the security of such access credentials (including any login and password) and for all activity that occurs under such credentials. If you become aware of any breach or disclosure of such information, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we try to be good stewards of your data and information, and take commercially reasonable measures to protect it, we cannot guarantee that the Service is secure from intrusion or inadvertent disclosure.
Starboard utilizes and integrates various third parties and their platforms or services to power and support the Service, including the following (collectively, “Third-Party Services”):
- For hosting, Amazon Web Services.
- For payment processing, the Service works with Stripe, Square and Authorize.net; however, each Client processes payments through their own merchant account with these payment providers, and Starboard does not have access to your payment information.
- To monitor usage, identify potential issues and provide technical support, Mixpanel, Intercom, UpScope, StatusPage, PagerDuty and Google Analytics.
- To send email, MailChimp and Mailgun.
- In order to communicate with you and to collect additional information related to your purchase, Clients are able to sync your data to their own accounts with third-party services, including MailChimp, Constant Contact, SmartWaiver, Google Analytics, Trip Advisor, Viator, Google AdWords and Facebook.
The Third-Party Services and your provision of information to and storage of your data with such services are subject to their applicable terms and policies.
Information We Collect
In order to provide and allow you to use the Service, we collect several types of information from and about users (including, where applicable, you), which may include information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as first and last name, name of business, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access to the Service and usage details.
The information we collect on or through the Service may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms through the Service (which may appear through Client sites), including information provided at the time of creating an account, posting material, requesting services, or when you report a problem the Service;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys we might ask you to complete; and
- details of transactions you carry out through the Service, and of the fulfillment of your orders.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the site (which may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies);
- from third parties, for example, Clients; and
- information you provide to us.
Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with the Service, it may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your interactions with the Service and other communication data and the resources that you access and use; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating Service, and browser type.
The information the Service collects automatically helps us to improve the Service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate usage volume and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences and specific Client’s customer’s preference, allowing us to customize the Service;
- speed up searches; and
- recognize you when you return to the Service.
The technologies Starboard uses for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see the section below entitled Choices About How We Use and Discloses Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages and aspects of the Service may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Service, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We uses information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present the Service and its content to users;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices;
- to carry out obligations and enforce rights under agreements with you and/or Clients;
- to notify you about changes to the Service;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features;
- in any other way the Service may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see the section below entitled Choices About How We Use and Discloses Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about users, and other information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may also disclose personal information about you:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Starboard’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Starboard about the Service’s users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees, clients, customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over the information that you provide us:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into Service and visiting your account profile page or by emailing us at email@example.com. Except to the extent required by law, we will, upon your request, delete any personal information about you stored in our Service; provided, that you understand we may provide such data to the Client(s) from which you have purchased goods or services through the Service prior to doing so.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and no one under age 13 may provide any information to or through the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through the Service, including any information about yourself (such as name, address, email or telephone number). If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of the Service who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you in your email address in response.
May 27, 2018